Popular Posts

Hive Chair


INTRODUCTION

The client asked me to design a chair that will be refreshing and at the same time will have the old-school-look. In my practice as an architect, I am not into traditional designs. I have a habit of putting traditional and modern designs together to create a new style – a modern, conventional design.
The concept of the chair is bee hives. The honeycomb shape of the hive inspired me to use this pattern as the basis of my design. I looked back to traditional chair designs here in the Philippines, that is mostly  made of solid woods in varnish finish and weaving craft like rattan.
































The shape of the chair is slanted that makes it modern-looking but still conventional in terms of materials used. It is made of solid wood Acacia in natural clear gloss polyurethane finish. With rattan weaving the sides that serve as vent that makes the chair very relaxing.



Bee Hive Pattern
















I decided to use a rattan pattern in my chair design that will serve as continuous vent in the chair.

























And perfect for the bee hive concept.
















< >

No comments:

Post a Comment